Home > About APMP > Activities
APMP delivers against its key objectives, as identified in the APMP Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), through a range of activities. At the peak governance level, the APMP Executive Committee (EC), supported by the Secretariat, is responsible for overall management and coordination, as well as setting APMP's strategic direction. APMP's EC, together with its Technical Committees (TCs) and Developing Economies' Committee (DEC) actively promote the sustainable development of metrology in the region by undertaking work programs including those listed below.
- effective liaison with the International Bureau of Weights and Measures (BIPM), CIPM and representation at meetings of the Joint Committee of the Regional Metrology Organisations and the BIPM (JCRB);
- TC Chairs' participation in the CIPM Consultative Committee Working Groups;
- promoting member laboratories' participation in CIPM comparisons and organizing APMP comparisons;
- conducting intra-and-inter-regional review of calibration and measurement capability (CMC) claims;
- effective review and monitoring of quality system of member laboratories in support of their CMC claims;
- Annual TC Chairs meeting and EC-TC Chairs joint meeting to work on CIPM MRA related issues;
- developing expertise in metrological fields through conferences, seminars, workshops, training programs, consultancies and technical publications;
- fostering information exchange and sharing and facilitating collaboration among interested Members on specific projects;
- encouraging participation in CIPM comparisons and initiating regional comparisons of measurement standards in order to gain international recognition of measurement capabilities of Member laboratories;
- addressing the needs of developing Member NMIs by coordinating activities aimed at developing their metrological capability in areas relevant to their economies;
- Implementing other resolutions and actions as decided by the APMP General Assembly.
- exchange of information on activities and matters of common interest;
- regular representation at SO's meetings and participation in relevant activities;
- cooperation under MoU frameworks with the Asia Pacific Legal Metrology Forum (APLMF) and the Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (APLAC);
- supporting the SRB Forum associated with the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) and working jointly with the other Asia Pacific SRBs to facilitate the development and implementation of standards and conformance infrastructures in APEC member economies
- organizing annual meetings of the APMP General Assembly, EC, TC Chairs and TCs, DEC, as well as associated Workshops and related activities;
- supporting Members through application of the APMP budget using effective and transparent financial management practices;
- maintaining and improving the APMP website and publication of APMP newsletters.