Clean water is essential to human life, protection of balance ecosystem and preserving safe environment for all living beings. Lack of access to clean water is a significant issue for a number of Asia Pacific economies due to growing populations, rapid urbanization, increasing water pollution and competing demands for water.
Valid data on water quality parameters are needed to ensure that correct measures are taken by decision makers in monitoring, controlling and reducing pollution and contamination of water resources.
National Metrology Institutes can play a significant role to solve problems related to the availability of clean water by engaging with key stakeholders responsible for water management in the country. APMP Focus Group (FG) on Metrology for Clean Water is aimed at improving both technical and networking capabilities of APMP members to enable them to play this role effectively.
Vision and Missions
To be part of solution for the adequate availability of clean water for mankind
1. To develop measurement technique / method as well as traceability necessary for correct determination of:
- water quality
- water quantity
2. To provide strategic advices in overcoming (clean) water problem
3. To share experience of cooperation between NMIs and stakeholders (water companies, decision making institutions)
4. To establish cooperation among NMIs in this specific field
Focus Group membership is open for NMIs/DIs and stakeholders
- Technical training/workshop
- Inter-laboratory comparison (coordinated by related TCs)
- Engagement with stakeholders in each member encommy
1. To introduce Focus Group for Clean Water in GA, DEC, and TCQM Meetings
2. To invite NMIs/DIs and stakeholders to join the focus group
3. All material presentation and documentation will be uploaded to APMP website
4. To survey the need of CRMs, ILCs and Proficiency Testing related to Clean Water
5. To survey traceability needs for clean water (physical, chemical, and micro biology parameters)
6. To initiate CRM database for clean water
7. To organize annual meeting
For CWFG meetings and workshops, please refer to https://apmpweb.org/portal/list/index/id/104.html